The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
20240729_220753.jpg

Off-topic but I may as well ask -anyone think those short low-rises just south of where Warehouse Park will be will ever get demolished and we see some residential towers go up there one day?

Off-topic but I may as well ask -anyone think those short low-rises just south of where Warehouse Park will be will ever get demolished and we see some residential towers go up there one day?
The Boston Pizza, yes. From my conversations, MacLean Block and the Commodore Restaurant's building owner isn't interested in selling yet.

They're happy with the development happening, though. Good people.

Finally cladding. I was expecting more detail in the panels, Hariri Pontarini usually does something bespoke. I don't have high hopes for these off coloured stripes/trim covering the whole tower but, it's too early call. Wear sun glasses and sunscreen. These do have quite a sheen to them.

The Boston Pizza, yes. From my conversations, MacLean Block and the Commodore Restaurant's building owner isn't interested in selling yet.

They're happy with the development happening, though. Good people.
The MacLean Block is a historic character building with the retail street commercial space occupied for years. In my opinion it should be about the last thing in this city that should demolished.

The Commodore building is less impressive, but also a long time still occupied street facing space and likewise BP. Don't we have still have many more empty lots and spaces to fill in the area before we start demolishing the well used ones?

The MacLean Block is a historic character building with the retail street commercial space occupied for years. In my opinion it should be about the last thing in this city that should demolished.

The Commodore building is less impressive, but also a long time still occupied street facing space and likewise BP. Don't we have still have many more empty lots and spaces to fill in the area before we start demolishing the well used ones?
If the MacLean is torn down it would be awful. It's on the City's historic inventory, meaning it merits protection, but doesn't have any legal protections. Hopefully that changes.

Can't wait to see the difference to this exact angle in 5 years. If any area of downtown is going to transform the most, it's probably here.
It would be nice if something was built on the lot north of it along 106 Street or across the street. Also the two lots just south of the park along Jasper Ave which are also parking lots.

Plenty of opportunities to build things around here without tearing anything down.

It remains amazing to me that the same company who majorly changed the skyline with projects like Edmonton House are 50 years later completely changing it again with The Parks (and Laurent & Eleanor on the southside).

IMG_6782.jpeg

Back