News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.11.10 PM.png

There have been a few rumors out there about private ownership for the Elks and I think it's coming.

This Garrick Jones-led group is one of them with another rumor that a company out by Nisku/Leduc wants to buy them and build a stadium out by the airport.

Who knows what will happen but where there's smoke, there's usually fire...

There have been a few rumors out there about private ownership for the Elks and I think it's coming.

This Garrick Jones-led group is one of them with another rumor that a company out by Nisku/Leduc wants to buy them and build a stadium out by the airport.

Who knows what will happen but where there's smoke, there's usually fire...

That's a hard NO from me then.
It is now 2024. These guys are still stuck in the 20th century.

Last edited:
That`s a hard NO from me then.
It is now 2024. These guys are still stuck in the 20th century.
Yuuuup, any ownership group that is serious should be planning on major upgrades to Commonwealth, not building a brand new stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Garrick Jones has some great ideas and I like that he talked about making upgrades to Commonwealth. We will see what shakes out in the end.

Yuuuup, any ownership group that is serious should be planning on major upgrades to Commonwealth, not building a brand new stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Garrick Jones has some great ideas and I like that he talked about making upgrades to Commonwealth. We will see what shakes out in the end.

Please tell me those Commonwealth upgrades include replacing the artificial turf with real grass.

Please tell me those Commonwealth upgrades include replacing the artificial turf with real grass.
As long as they install a subsurface heating system I am down with that. Bringing fans closer to the field is a big one on my list.

If it was a new stadium I would love the quarters area. Slap a translucent roof on a 35K stadium plz. Not sure what the different parties financial strength looks like to even partner with the city on something like that of course but having something covered would open up opportunities for so many events year round. I used to dislike domes but with all the natural light and beauty of those being built currently that has changed.

Back