News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

Take all this all with a grain of salt but on Sports 1440 yesterday they let slip the name Larry Thompson as the rumored new owner. I also was told, from a family member, who heard at some sort of event of Edmonton's rich and famous last week that the rumored new owner is a self made guy who recently sold his construction company for "100s of millions of dollars". I did a search on Larry Thompson and found an article noting that Thompson Construction Group, based out of Spruce Grove, was sold to a Vancouver firm last year. Again, take all the above with a grain of salt.

Sold it for $800 million!

^if I had a dime for every time I heard that about the local high net worth local folks who few are aware of or would recognize.

So you are saying that it's possible...
Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 9.30.33 AM.png

tsn.ca
(god bless the CFL)

As a former season ticket holder and longtime fan, I am very excited about this next era; the club was dying a slow, painful death and was floating around in total limbo at all levels.

Mr. Thompson has the means, passion and business acumen to push this drive forward. I suspect that we will see methodical changes, a new energy and better outreach to fans to bring more families and the next generation of fans to the pitch.

Back