News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Regional Transit

Yeah it really only has appeal to Edmonton metro area, where they'd be hoping to win votes in bedroom community ridings, and I just don't think many who choose to live in those communities have transit as a big priority.
Most of those communities stepped up and were ready to invest in metro transit plan with Edmonton showing the lack of interest. If Edmonton council isn’t onboard I don’t see any provincial gov pushing it.

If the province were to do it, I imagine they'd also set up a duplicate agency in Calgary at the same time, or maybe even one agency that operates both to save on overhead?
What's the regional transit situation like in Calgary at the moment?

If the province were to do it, I imagine they'd also set up a duplicate agency in Calgary at the same time, or maybe even one agency that operates both to save on overhead?
What's the regional transit situation like in Calgary at the moment?
Nonexistent basically. Metro Calgary is not the same as Metro Edmonton. When I moved to Edmonton I was surprised there was more than one bus service.
Regional transit isn’t needed as much in Calgary as it is in Edmonton. It would be nice for Calgary too, but not as practical. Right now they use on demand commuter busses.
Airdrie is an exception, they actually have busses there and they do commute also

More regional coordination would be good, but please don't turn it into an expensive, complicated, bureaucratic undertaking that somehow still doesn't work.

Back