7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Past Vs Present

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.20.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.34.21 PM.png

@CplKlinger -- I love the chaos of the signs in the older photos -- they help to create a notion that the City is alive and inviting -- Planners have taken that away from us today (note to Planners -- WE WANT IT BACK!!!)
No kidding, I agree with you completely. I was messing around on google maps the other day and noticed this change near Rogers Place. I hope that we see this done along streets such as Jasper Ave as well. The improvement on the street's overall atmosphere is night and day, full stop.
IceDistrict.PNG
IceDistrict1.PNG

I hate the colour, the shape, everything about the exterior of the library is wrong. I don't know how all those involved can live with this, such an embarrassing project.

We need to fix it.

A station would be nice, but I think it was a compromise because the local residents opposed the removal of the old trees there. I think it looks nice. Not as good as a station, but not a bad alternative to cutting down the trees either.
Some of the trees could be relocated and most left as is with a small platform footprint. I would LOVE to see a stop there. It will kick start some renewal in the area.

Back