News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Municipal Politics

Well, EPCOR is owned by the City of Edmonton, so it is probably not unreasonable to expect better coordination and its efficiency (or inefficiency) impacts the city financially. If it is Atco, that is a different story.

It was both Atco and Epcor separately. And sometimes, it was explained, the road has to be sealed back up due to seasons and then they go back in.

Stop mowing grass in environmentally sensitive open and park space and stop building roads to nowhere. There, I solved Edmonton's budget costs.

I guess it's somewhat official that former councillor Tony Caterina is running for mayor. Although if another conservative candidate (a stronger one), I expect he would reverse that decision.

Later this fall we should start to hear about a few candidates running for council.
JFC...

Is he going to campaign on any of his old bright ideas, perhaps reinstating the city center airport? Will any other retreads like him or maybe the treat of Mike Nickel can come out of the woodwork too?

My god we need to move forward from current mayor and council not take two steps back, trip over our shoelaces and roll down Bellamy hill. Go crawl in your hole and disappear again.

Some people don't realize how vital the helicopter is to policing in every city. Don't know if drones would be as effective as to what the helicopter offers the police.
What is the delay in getting the helicopter airborne and on scene? Would a drone be able to get there quicker and have an element of stealth compared to a helicopter? What would the cost savings be? What can a helicopter do that a drone can’t?

What is the delay in getting the helicopter airborne and on scene? Would a drone be able to get there quicker and have an element of stealth compared to a helicopter? What would the cost savings be? What can a helicopter do that a drone can’t?
I honestly have no idea but what I do is know is talking to a few EPS officers I do know, the helicopter has been a boon to their operations.

Also, drones are being used by EPS...just an FYI. But not in the same way the helicopter is used...

It wouldn't be the first time an out of touch politician decides to run again and it is left up to the voters to give them the ultimate reality check.

Back