News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Any insight on what is going in kitty corner to this project behind the Shell? I swear I saw some construction fencing up there now too.
Not sure yet. Also wondering. I hope it’s mixed use. Retail base with a few stories above. Probably just another strip mall though.

The Huge truss tower on 158 and Stony is having a date with a large mobile crane today
I wonder what exactly Telus intends to do with that thing

UPDATE They only took the top communication Equipment off the tower
They may be trying to upgrade to 5G

Last edited:
This is a prime location and has no existing structures in the way; I wonder why this proposal fell through. Maybe it needs some cleanup/soil remediation that the developer didn't want to foot the bill for?
Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 396388951-002
Description:To construct 2 Multi-unit Housing buildings with a total of 11 Dwellings (Building 1: 5 Dwellings and Building 2: 6 Dwellings).
Plan I Blk 71 Lots 1-5
Applicant:EFG ARCHITECTS INC
Create Date:2021/05/18
Neighbourhood:STRATHCONA
Approval Date:2021/06/16
This would be a great spot for another Raymond block style project. Whyte Ave east of Gateway needs more mixed use projects to get rid of the remaining strip malls.

IMG_1218.jpeg

Seen in Unit Square East

Replacing an old two storey motel with a two storey office and retail building. This is not doing much, if anything, to increase density, but I guess it is part of the evolution of the area.

I suppose being on a such busy main road lends itself to strip mall retail and sadly some of the older motels in this area are not aging well.

Perhaps an improvement, but mainly because its new and replacing something run down.

Reference ID:Job No 426829806-002
Description:Exterior Alteration
Plan NB Blk 7 Lots 33-35
Applicant:HODGSON SCHILF EVANS ARCHITECTS
Create Date:3/17/2022 1:12:33 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Back