News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

IMG_1359.jpg

I noticed last year that this building on 124 street/105 avenue was sold and just recently the windows were boarded up. It's too bad for the tenants that were likely evicted, but this part of 124 street badly needs some love. Anyone know what might be happening here?

@danimori Cool, on my end the picture you posted isn't being shown :(

^It's always nice to see new brands venturing into Edmonton, but I'll be a total hipster and say I think Peter's is kinda overrated. Like it's a decent enough burger shack I guess, but is it really "wait in you car for an hour-and-a-half and clog up traffic for four blocks on end" good?

I agree totally - not worth the hype. There are plenty other places in our city where one can find better burgers and milkshakes.

@EQRES Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for the info, always great to get the inside scoop.

Any other notable infill projects on the horizon?
We have a few more on the way, not sure how notable ;) The rendering attached is a suited 4-plex that we are almost finished in West Jasper Place. Address is 15024 99 Ave NW. This was developed as a purpose built rental and is being held long term. There are 4 three bedroom townhomes over 4 one bedroom suites. Each of the upper units also has a private back patio/yard area. The project was designed by SpaceSquared. We've just started pre-leasing and interest has been fantastic. More info on this one can be found at www.briq.ca

EQRES-99-Ave-Rendering-ExteriorALT-2000px.jpg EQRES-99-Ave-Rendering-2000PX-INTERIOR_1.jpg EQRES-99-Ave-Rendering-2000PX-INTERIOR_2.jpg EQRES-99-Ave-Floorplan-1500PX-EXTERIOR.jpg

@Nosirrah I agree with the burgers part but let's be honest those milkshakes are hella dope and thicc (especially Marshmallow flavour... literally BOMB) but if you think I'm gonna wait an hour and a half for one you are SADLY MISTAKEN.

I just received this email yesterday from the Avonmore community league. A single lot on the S/W corner of 83 St & 76Ave is up for rezoning to RA7. I live a block to the East and I look forward to seeing what they propose, hopefully, decent quality/size.

"Notice of Proposed Land Use Change
The City has informed the League that there is a proposed land use change application related to Avonmore and they are looking for feedback from the community. I encourage you to read the material listed below and to send your comments to: City of Edmonton Planning Department andrew.mclellan@edmonton.ca and/or to Councillor Mike Nickel mike.nickel@edmonton.ca. I would appreciate being copied on your response so we can summarize these comments in a response that will be submitted by the League. Comments that have the most impact are those that include specific details about how you think the proposed change will impact you and your way of life either positively or negatively.

The application has been made to rezone the lot at 8311 76 Ave (lot with yellow house on the south west side of the intersection ) from RF1 Single Detached Residential to RA7 Low Rise Apartment Zone. A description of what is included in RA7 can be found at on https://webdocs.edmonton.ca/zoningb...dential/210_(RA7)_Low_Rise_Apartment_Zone.htm. You may want to review the Southeast Area Plan which applies to Avonmore as well as the more recently Council approved Transit Oriented Development Guidelines which provide suggestions about what type of development is appropriate within 400 m of LRT stations, like this one will be.

There will also be a public hearing on the proposed changes at a future date.

Thank you for being a community supporter and I look forward to “seeing” you at the AGM."

Back