News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

LRT Safety

I think you linked the wrong article by mistake. Here's the Journal's article with the full letter:

I think you linked the wrong article by mistake. Here's the Journal's article with the full letter:

Opps. Fixed. Thank you

Still links to the wrong article in the quote box in your post

I’ve had a recent conversation with a friend. Well it was more of an argument. He made the point that he shouldn’t have to pay $7 for a pass when there was someone hitting a crack pipe inside the station. A homeless girl sleeping while standing like it’s the walking dead. Throw up stains on the lrt seats and a group of teens lighting up joints on the train. I get that you pay in order to find the service, but you also pay to receive a service. We aren’t getting what we are supposed to out of what we’re paying for. I shouldn’t have to feel disgusted or unsafe and I’m not really usually afraid. I’m a Thai boxer and am confident in handling myself, but even I get on edge or uncomfortable. I can only imagine how someone’s grandmother who relies on getting around using the train might feel.

Thanks for the video. The payment system is so archaic, i agree with her statement that nobody carries cash or coins these days. Can't this be resolved by a simple app where users can pay on their phones instead?

Even throughout Covid with all other businesses going to a "no cash" payment system, there seems to be no attempt by ETS to adapt.

I know we can’t run transit like a private business, but could we tie exec compensation to performance metrics like ridership? Blows my mind how little people care. Also, I think most execs for transit need to use transit regularly and have to live in the city. Maybe this is the case, but a few I know are 100% suburbanites than never use transit. And we wonder why it’s bad.

It often feels like ETS is an after-thought and lags its peers by 5-10-20 yrs. Some good work of late, but generally speaking there seems to be very little accountability and motivation to lead rather than follow.

Has the PA system been fixed yet? Last time I was through there, it kept cutting off the beginning of the announcements. I thought it was somehow caused by the Metro Line electronics but shouldn't that equipment have been cleared out by now?

Back