News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

LDA23-0233 Windsor Park Rezoning - 116st - 88ave - 23m - Proposed

It makes sense development with more density would eventually occur in the area closest to campus and close to the main road.

In my opinion, the idea that one's inner-city neighbourhood isn't supposed to densify or change in any substantial way is antiquated and needs to go.

Like you guys have pointed out, the areas surrounding the U of A have so much potential demand for housing, businesses, etc., and the fact that this only now is being tapped into is wild to me. I can sympathize with people who live around these new projects and I understand that these changes are foreign to many, since for decades natural increases in density and services have been stifled by archaic planning practices. In some ways I feel for them in that regard.

With that said, I fully support projects like Windsor Terrace and this one. I'd go as far to argue that, if someone is so change-averse that they hate the idea of anything that isn't a single family home being built in their neighbourhood, a big growing city like Edmonton may not be the best place for them to live.

Last edited:
IMG_1858.png

So Westrich wants to build ANOTHER building in the area? Apparently 3 buildings are already approved for the area…..

Curious to know what the “11 storey” building is all about….
Windsor terrace that just finished?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some people are selling to get out before a big apartment gets built next to them. In some ways it helps for land assembly. I’d imagine the premium for lots with newer/big homes next to them will go up now for those wanting assurance that stuff won’t change.

Will be good to see this western edge of the Uni densify a bit. The Square 1 in the new WT building will surely be a hit for locals. Hopefully that makes them appreciate some of the perks of density 🙂

Back