News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

The only work that appears left to do is on 99st. There is a crew out today. All other work looks done. Benches and planters are in. However the convention centre new canopy is scheduled to be done.

Attachments

• PXL_20220404_145740871.jpg
    PXL_20220404_145740871.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 56
Anyone have any idea when these stupid wood temporary traffic light posts at 109st. and Jasper will be removed and the permanent lights will be installed? It is ridiculous how long it takes this city to do things some times considering that the work on that intersection was completed last fall.

Lamp post.jpg

The last time I walked by there they had a bit of work to do on that corner?

The last time I walked by there they had a bit of work to do on that corner?
the last time i walked by any corner in downtown (by which i include the quarters and oliver and the north edge and rossdale) they still had a bit of work to do (at a minimum) on every single one. :(

Last edited:
It will be nice to have that little stretch redone... it was embarrassing to say the least.

I want to wait for the West Valley Line LRT to be fully completed first before continuing with any further renewals of Jasper Ave.

• Angry
Reactions: TAS
The WLRT construction along 104 Ave happening at the same time as Jasper Ave construction will tie up commuters between the west-end and downtown. That's not just craziness but bordering on incompetency. I don't see the mad rush in the Jasper Ave construction when that can wait until after 2027 (i.e. after 5 years).

I think the challenge here could be two LRT stations. Do you fix them up at the same time as Jasper Avenue?

Back