News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

ICE District

ICE District Phase 2 - I'm wondering if we will get a ton of 6-12 storey versus what was originally planned; think more Muttart than Tower and podium.

---

The high-end, high-density residential component will soon be joined by the second phase of ICE District development that will add another 12 acres of development in downtown Edmonton, including a residential "urban village" to the north of Rogers Place.

That next wave of residential development will be more of a medium-density product, and one targeted toward different consumer demographics than those gravitating toward the luxury condominiums. But the overall effect is a fuller range of in-town living options as downtown Edmonton continues to transform itself.

"We've got a lot of flexibility in how we can put all that together in Phase II, and that next phase is going to go a long way to fill in the remaining gaps we have in ICE District," said Brad Gilewich, Katz Group president.

Rock the District (classic rock festival)

Gk6n9Os.jpg

ICE District Phase 2 - I'm wondering if we will get a ton of 6-12 storey versus what was originally planned; think more Muttart than Tower and podium.

---

The high-end, high-density residential component will soon be joined by the second phase of ICE District development that will add another 12 acres of development in downtown Edmonton, including a residential "urban village" to the north of Rogers Place.

That next wave of residential development will be more of a medium-density product, and one targeted toward different consumer demographics than those gravitating toward the luxury condominiums. But the overall effect is a fuller range of in-town living options as downtown Edmonton continues to transform itself.

"We've got a lot of flexibility in how we can put all that together in Phase II, and that next phase is going to go a long way to fill in the remaining gaps we have in ICE District," said Brad Gilewich, Katz Group president.

Somethings should not be said, like this quote below. Too much babble.

"The arena and ICE District have made such a dramatic change in the trajectory of downtown," said Puneeta McBryan, executive director of the Downtown Business Association of Edmonton. "On top of the larger, economic issues, we took a big hit here from Covid. I shudder to think what would have happened around here without the arena-related activity over this time. There are businesses I know would have closed otherwise."

Couple hundred? I’m sure the weather isn’t helping. But for such a large space you’d think they’re hoping for bigger crowds. Hopefully tomorrow is strong.

The Friday night lineup (Toronto, Prism, Glass Tiger) isn't very inspiring.

BOMFEST - day 2

Ej2652h.jpg
I’d be interested to know how the turnout for these are going vs expectations (and what’s need to break even/be profitable). I really hope the money is there to keep going next year so that some of the repeat events can grow!

Few thousand at bomfest?

Pretty cool to have artists like Kaskade dropping edits to his 1.2mil followers about shows in Edmonton.

Back