News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

ICE District

Turnout is decent tonight. But not super strong for a weekend with awesome weather. Maybe mother day/Sunday hurt a bit. But I think all the change ups the last few weeks have hurt the reputation. Hopefully a better roll out next year.
F97B27DF-3421-4A43-8C5E-9A3B51377C19.jpeg

Turnout is decent tonight. But not super strong for a weekend with awesome weather. Maybe mother day/Sunday hurt a bit. But I think all the change ups the last few weeks have hurt the reputation. Hopefully a better roll out next year.

Though the turnout at the plaza was decent, attendance was poor at the tailgate party, which was unfortunate for the food truck operators there:

Y5aaXOw.png

Focus on ICE and Churchill.

The original plan was to put a giant TV at the south end of 104st/103ave facing north (avoid glare) and do something similar to a Mercer street party for a different vibe.

Now that the Oilers are out of the playoffs, the ICE District needs to be back to normal asap. What a gong show!

I'm sure it will be torn down and back to normal quickly.

My bigger question is around how busy will the Icehouse be throughout the summer.

I'm sure it will be torn down and back to normal quickly.

My bigger question is around how busy will the Icehouse be throughout the summer.
The patio is very well done and unique for Edmonton. So I think that’ll help. But idk how they’ll fill it, the ground floor patio, the 2 inside levels, and have banquet get business. Lots of special events will likely be needed.

Sad but true. It really demonstrates the versatility of this space which is good.

I suspect with all the effort put in, they were also hoping the playoffs would last longer.

Back