News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Home Energy Efficiency / Net Zero Homes

anyone that thinks the city is not likely to meet the goals wasn't around during the r2000 program developed in a collaboration between nrcan and chba. they need to increase the program's standards before 2000 because virtually every spec building in the country was building homes that met or exceeded the initial standards.

from my observations, the industry is more nimble and better educated - particularly when it comes to trades - today than it was then and so is the public. those that are leaders will still have to push if they're going to stay leaders because the industry as a whole is likely to catch up pretty quickly.

View attachment 349765 This glazing unit by LiteZone achieves R17 at the center of glass, and combined with MagWall's R50 SIP, (shown behind it) Green Violin will have the perfect product for use to demonstrate in our Skinny Townhouse as well as our Pocket House! SAIT is undertaking the testing of the integrated wall that we call the "ThermaVue Transparent Wall System"!

One of the reasons I am grateful for this site is learning about organizations like Green Violin which I was not aware of prior to today. Very cool.

While I'm at it, thanks to all the contributors for all the great info and insights.

Is there any more info about this project? We're preparing to design and build a passivhause with ADA and aging in place in mind. Although we intend this to be our final home, obviously resale is of concern. What's the cost per sq foot, can we see a final building, etc. YEG's market for homes over $1,500,000 are only 3-5 per month, so final project cost needs to be under that. Estimated size is roughly 2500 sqft with a budget of $700k and contingency of $100k, $40k of which is for a residential elevator.

Building pocket is 11.3m wide by 13.3m long on a ravine backing walkout lot facing south.

Back