News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Groat Road Bridges

Was this the roundabout option? I remember that was proposed but then Admin scrapped it due to cost, I think.
No idea what was proposed (tried to find it online and couldn't find anything). I think a number of options were proposed originally. Sounds like they dropped them all? Too bad. That yield from victoria park road onto Groat northbound is terrible.

Was this the roundabout option? I remember that was proposed but then Admin scrapped it due to cost, I think.
augh I'm having a Mandela moment. I distinctly remember there being an option with two roundabouts, and a couple versions involving more traffic lights. But the city seems to have dissapeared those documents, there's a pdf of feedback on them but no images. I think, given the amount of landscaping being done though, i expect this is the final configuration. Maybe they'l be a pedestrain light under the bridge for the MUP, but other than that i think this thing is complete.

Photo from yesterday. the new pedestrian crossing being installed on River Valley Road.
IMG_9950.JPG

I walked down there the other day. I must say, I was a bit surprised and dissapointed that the sidewalk along Groat Road is so narrow compared to the sidewalk across the river. I understand that it's an old design, but it's still quite a difference. Also, the pictures posted previously are great, but I'll post a few that I took so that my walk wasn't for nothing!

20210107_162339.jpg20210107_164019.jpg20210107_164059.jpg20210107_164154.jpg

Back