News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Whewww! I got worried there a second. Thought that the "by Carbone," meant this: https://www.carbonenewyork.com/menus.php

But it really means this: https://www.facebook.com/CarbonePizza/

I know that the Carbones in Vegas is the hardest to come by reservation in the city. So when I saw that "Fast Fired by Carbone," was opening up pizza joints in our city.......but luckily for us - they're out of the 'Peg and likely won't last a winter.

Whewww! I got worried there a second. Thought that the "by Carbone," meant this: https://www.carbonenewyork.com/menus.php

But it really means this: https://www.facebook.com/CarbonePizza/

I know that the Carbones in Vegas is the hardest to come by reservation in the city. So when I saw that "Fast Fired by Carbone," was opening up pizza joints in our city.......but luckily for us - they're out of the 'Peg and likely won't last a winter.
What's with the shitting on them for nothing?
I don't care where they're from, as long as we get more stuff in the city, I'm happy. This is CRUs being occupied, jobs being created.
I'll actually make sure to try them, since it's close(ish) to my place

I'll pass, thanks. Their upcoming location is way out near Ellerslie and Parsons, plus there's already enough pizza joints in this city.

I'll pass, thanks. Their upcoming location is way out near Ellerslie and Parsons, plus there's already enough pizza joints in this city.
There's NEVER enough pizza joints in any city. Pizza is the food of the gods, the very nectar that sustains my existence, a wonderful gift from the heavens, to humanity.
I wouldn't go out of my way to go to this (hence why I haven't been to the St Albert one), but being n Summerside, I'll eat and report back.

When it comes to pizza, I'll continue my patronages at Lorenzo's (in Commerce Place) and Famoso.
I still need to try Tony's Pizza Palace.

When it comes to pizza, I'll continue my patronages at Lorenzo's (in Commerce Place) and Famoso.

I was pretty disappointed when I ordered from there a few months ago. Sauce was bland, crust was way too hard. Not sure if I got something that was sitting for a while or not, but it wasn't good. Didn't live up to the hype

My go to is still Panini's, or Buco ir I'm feeling fancy.
I haven't been to Lorenzo's, it's on my list.
I concur with Tony's being quite a disappointed. Definitely not worth the hype.
I find Famoso a little underwhelming, but it ain't bad.

Pizza joints and Burger joints seem to be everywhere now.

For Pizza. Make my own seems to be the way we have gone the last few months. But we do have Pizza Garage a couple of blocks away.

Pizza joints and Burger joints seem to be everywhere now.

For Pizza. Make my own seems to be the way we have gone the last few months. But we do have Pizza Garage a couple of blocks away.
I like making my own, but the hassle of making it for a single person throws me off hahahahahaha

I was pretty disappointed when I ordered from there a few months ago. Sauce was bland, crust was way too hard. Not sure if I got something that was sitting for a while or not, but it wasn't good. Didn't live up to the hype
Never does, but it's fine for what it is aside from that.

Ragazzi still for me.

Closing. Interested to see if anything occupy this space.

Flirty bird and bloom cookie both just left 2 of Beljans spots on 124th too.

Need some more residential built on this street!

5B767EE4-AF30-44E1-864B-98C52080C817.png

The situation on 124 Street is dire. I've never seen this level of vacancy - and the clear trigger was the pandemic given that virtually every space was leased leading up to it.

I hope some kind of injection of support comes soon.

The underlying theme between the struggles of 124th street, Whyte Ave and downtown continues to be landlords charging exorbitant rents because these are 'premier' streets. Yes, yes, inflation, covid, costs, etc. But some of it is just unrealistic and stubborn pricing. The landlords seem to prefer leaving properties empty rather than lowering their prices. *sigh

The underlying theme between the struggles of 124th street, Whyte Ave and downtown continues to be landlords charging exorbitant rents because these are 'premier' streets. Yes, yes, inflation, covid, costs, etc. But some of it is just unrealistic and stubborn pricing. The landlords seem to prefer leaving properties empty rather than lowering their prices. *sigh
This is exactly what happens. The driver as I understand it is that once a commercial space is leased out at a high rent the landlord then leverages the "value" of the place for super low cost loans that they then leverage into buying more spaces. The paper value of their property is what drives their wealth growth, not the actual rent they collect. If they lower their rent to attract tenants then they lose money and their portfolio starts imploding, but if they leave it vacant they can write it off as a business loss for a tax benefit. I may be missing some nuances but basically the way we structure commercial real estate is messed up. It's why we have 1/3 of CRUs downtown vacant and yet rent is still stupid high with more under construction.

Back