News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Federal Politics

And so it has begun...
Anyone willing to place bets on what seats might end up flipped (not just Edmonton, but Alberta in general), and on the final results?

I'll go first:
Bill Henderson beats Tim Upal for Edmonton-Millwoods.

All of the rest stays the same in AB.

Liberals retake seats in Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba and BC and make a slim majority between 170 and 172 seats.

Bloc loses at least 10 seats

NDP grows maybe 3 to 5 seats, between BC and Quebec

Conservatives lose one seat in AB, a few in Ontario, Manitoba BC and Quebec

Greens will keep their seats.

And so it has begun...
Anyone willing to place bets on what seats might end up flipped (not just Edmonton, but Alberta in general), and on the final results?

I'll go first:
Bill Henderson beats Tim Upal for Edmonton-Millwoods.

All of the rest stays the same in AB.

Liberals retake seats in Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba and BC and make a slim majority between 170 and 172 seats.

Bloc loses at least 10 seats

NDP grows maybe 3 to 5 seats, between BC and Quebec

Conservatives lose one seat in AB, a few in Ontario, Manitoba BC and Quebec

Greens will keep their seats.

There is also a city councillor in Calgary, George Chahal, running for the Liberals like Henderson in a YYC riding the Liberals also held in 2015, so that will be one to watch.

There is also a city councillor in Calgary, George Chahal, running for the Liberals like Henderson in a YYC riding the Liberals also held in 2015, so that will be one to watch.
That's a good one, in fact. My wildest dreams have the Liberals taking 3 seats in AB, two in Edmonton (Central and Millwoods) and one in Calgary.

As much as I want a flip in St Albert Edmonton. I believe we are stuck with Micheal Cooper. Lib and NDP are around but have not seen them.

Conservatives pledging money for $1.1B expansion of metro line from Blatchford to Castle Downs.

Iveson doesn't seem too excited by it. I don't imagine the province is either.

In response to the Conservative platform commitment, Mayor Don Iveson said the Metro Line plan is “premature” without matching funding from the provincial government. The next council would also need to confirm that it’s the first priority and commit city dollars before construction could go ahead.

“But it is good to see the Conservatives committed to mass transit,” Iveson said to Postmedia.

I would have liked the reporter to ask the province for its comment and commitment to matching this right away. But of course, they did not.

Last edited:
Conservatives pledging money for $1.1B expansion of metro line from Blatchford to Castle Downs.

Iveson doesn't seem too excited by it. I don't imagine the province is either.

In response to the Conservative platform commitment, Mayor Don Iveson said the Metro Line plan is “premature” without matching funding from the provincial government. The next council would also need to confirm that it’s the first priority and commit city dollars before construction could go ahead.

“But it is good to see the Conservatives committed to mass transit,” Iveson said to Postmedia.

I would have liked the reporter to ask the province for its comment and commitment to matching this right away. But of course, they did not.
I take anything and everything promised by any conservative candidate, regarding transit investment, or anything that could hurt the oil industry, with a whole salt mine, because a grain of salt is not enough.
I REALLY hope they do not form government, as much as I'm not Trudeau's biggest fan, O'tole makes every single muscle on my body twitch, especially with the prospect of doubling down on a Jason Kenney way of governing.

Back