News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

EVER (on Baseline Commercial Plaza) | Ever Red

Yeggy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Um… I will let this statement speak for itself.

“According to the Ever Red website detailing the project, this site is expected to include opportunities for a grocery/big box anchor and a variety of retail and professional uses, including multiple drive-thru restaurants.”

IMG_6581.png

Very par for the course for suburban hell Sherwood Park. Frankly, I'm just shocked it's taken this long for that NW corner of Baseline & Broadmoor to finally see movement.

It is bizarre - you're right - that it took this long - they built the car dealerships 15 years ago and Stopped! Clean up the field of weeds pretty good.....

It is bizarre - you're right - that it took this long - they built the car dealerships 15 years ago and Stopped! Clean up the field of weeds pretty good.....
They never even finished Automall road and I thought I heard there was lawsuits and stuff going on in the background with that land, hence the delay.

Um… I will let this statement speak for itself.

“According to the Ever Red website detailing the project, this site is expected to include opportunities for a grocery/big box anchor and a variety of retail and professional uses, including multiple drive-thru restaurants.”

View attachment 560748

So much urban character 😍 Sherwood Park = the next Vancouver??

They never even finished Automall road and I thought I heard there was lawsuits and stuff going on in the background with that land, hence the delay.
There was a looooooot of issues with the previous developer of these lands. Shivam Park wasn't all intended for auto dealerships either. Retail was always planned for the lands adjacent to Baseline and Broadmoor.

Not sure what else people were expecting given the location/context of the site.

It's odd to see Sherwood Park opening L'Oca on Baseline in a tight lot. I think something like Baseline Commercial Plaza could have something a professional building like the one next to the Italian Centre. This lot has been empty for 20+ years, and it's sad to see something so utilitarian.

I like L’oca location. It was an old Rona store that I’m sure was also cheaper to Reno then build from scratch

Sort of. Problem is that grocery stores require a lot of trenches for drains, refrigeration lines, mechanical lines, etc. Saved on structural and concrete yes.
There was a lot of saw cutting not just trench drains and fridge lines but the sanitary had to have a complete upgrade adding greesetraps as well. I believe same superstructure work as well. adding new upblast exhaust fans to the roof.

Back