Winspear Centre Completion Project | 29.87m | 4s | Winspear Centre | Andrew Bromberg

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The photo is looking south, mostly. The top floors of the Winspear performance hall itself are not connected to the admin offices on the east side, which is why there is a gap.
I wonder if the concert hall and the admin building were built together the same time and the reasoning behind leaving the gap there instead of an atrium or other concept. Anyone know if this was a single constructor build?

D0F919DF-EA5E-4FA9-B352-F9F190A58FC0.jpeg
542EF3FF-98C2-4872-B2B6-829322811964.jpeg

@CplKlinger I think that the solutions have been batted around a bit now so TBH I am not sure what prevails and what doesn't (depends on whom you ask). The architect Andrew Bromberg believes these renderings reflect the current situation so it may be that Winspear has moved the needle once again -- it could support the pause in construction for that portion of the building. Perhaps @Avenuer can shed some light on the status from the City's perspective.

Taken: April 1, 2022
20220401_152404_HDR.jpg

20220401_152545_HDR.jpg

As someone who works in the building this part of the addition will greatly improve the loading dock area creating a similar space as the current primary loading dock at Rogers Place. Still trying to figure out where the new stage door/security checkpoint will be though.

Back