What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Things were in the works, but it had a bunch of requirements/funding/etc. to fall into place for it to go forward.

The renovation work should have the building permit in place soon, as they only applied for it back in September. Most work is interior, so you won't notice much of a difference unless you go inside the building.

I can tell you that there is no deal with Boyle Street. They had the building under contract but did not remove conditions. We are looking at bringing this back to the forefront by making some changes to our original concept (essentially converting some of the more risky space into residential). We are evaluating these approaches and hope to get this one back on the grill.

i hope you manage that cmd uw...

beljan has managed to successfully undertake and complete some very cool projects done right (for the most part :) ). none of them, however, had as much potential to start to mitigate the cumulative effects of generations of poor planning decisions on a single block as this one.

good luck.

IMG_0560.jpg

New signs up one the building. This is one of my favorite Beljan projects as it should bring some life into one of the deadest blocks downtown!

This is hands down one of the favourite projects downtown. This street is so dead it's not even funny.

Back