West Block | 60.35m | 16s | Beaverbrook | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I haven't heard anything about a delay. Last I heard, construction is going to start early in the new year.

Stalled Glenora condo project gets going under new owners
After being abandoned three years ago, a derelict construction site in Glenora intended as a luxury condominium project is finally getting back on track under new owners.

InHouse, the infill housing arm of Beaverbrook Communities, took over the Glenora Skyline project last year after the previous owners ran into money problems.

This week, the company started on demolition of older buildings that were still on the site at Stony Plain Road and 142nd Street.

The new project — West Block — is intended to house five buildings on a 3.5-acre lot.

There is still a partially completed building on the site that was built by the previous owners.

west-block-construction.jpg

Construction of what was then the Glenora Skyline project has been on hold for three years. (CBC)

InHouse intends to use that as part of one of its new buildings.

"We did a complete reimagining of the site and essentially did a full redesign, incorporating the bones of the existing structure," said Ryan Smith, one of the principals of InHouse.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/glenora-skyline-condominium-project-lrt-1.3989226

I miss the architectural expression of the first incarnation from the now-bankrupt group, but I admire a company that can pick up the pieces and make something out of the lost opportunity. The concept isn't as exciting as the previous design, but it is better than a festering non-project.

You beat me too it! Snapped A few of them setting up as I drove by. But apparently I can't uploaded cell pictures larger than 3mb

Half the units sold in first phase of long-awaited Glenora condo project, developer says

Half the units in the first phase of a Glenora condo project have sold at an average price of more than $1 million, the developer said Monday.

The initial $85-million West Block tower at 142 Street and Stoney Plain Road, which has an official groundbreaking ceremony set for Wednesday, will have 60 units on 13 storeys over a three-floor retail and office podium, said Salima Kheraj, a principal with InHouse by developer and builder Beaverbrook.

The first 30 homes have already been sold for prices ranging between $551,000 and $2.7 million. or an average of $1.02 million each, she said.

“That’s a really positive, strong number given our market,” she said.

“It’s a mixed-used project with retail, offices, all surrounded by an urban square that runs to Stoney Plain Road and well integrated with the LRT in future.”

The condos are between 1,060 square feet and 3,300 square feet in size. The remaining units range in price from $550,000 to a $2.9-million penthouse.
http://edmontonjournal.com/business...-awaited-glenora-condo-project-developer-says

Back