• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chrisvazquez7

Member Bio
Reaction score
Vibe Condos is a mixed-use development under construction on the west side of 116 Street between 106 Ave and 107 Ave. The development includes a six-storey condo development, as well as a separate four-storey retail/office tower at the southwest corner of 107 Ave and 116 St.

For more information, here's the developer's website: http://vibecondos.com/

Here's a photo update from April 28:

Vibe Condos by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

I live nearby, and I'm really excited about the North Edge. 105 Ave is being streetscaped currently between 116 St and 119 St. This development is being built, as well as Infiniti on 105 around 117 St/105 Ave. That along with The Horizon recently completed with five active retail bays (Freshii, a frozen yogurt place, a daycare, a variety store, and a health/fitness store) on 111 Street between 105 ave and 106 ave.

Hopefully the City provides more funding for more 105 Ave streetscaping between 116 St and 109 St, as it's needed the most in my opinion (wide street with no sidewalks on either side... still very industrial).

Aug. 5

This project exemplifies an architectural meme that looks to provide horizontal distinction along the street. I get it, but I am not a fan. Same applies to the linear project south of Whyte at 102nd Ave. I put it in the category of lazy architecture.

^ I think you mean 102 Street, Fuzion on Whyte, or Station on Whyte depending on what name they're calling it today. I agree 100%, although I think this development will be a little bit better just in terms of the materials they're using (more brick and metal cladding, no stucco). Still reserving judgement until I see the finished product though.

^ I think you mean 102 Street, Fuzion on Whyte, or Station on Whyte depending on what name they're calling it today. I agree 100%, although I think this development will be a little bit better just in terms of the materials they're using (more brick and metal cladding, no stucco). Still reserving judgement until I see the finished product though.
That's the one where they essentially used brick wallpaper isn't it? Hopefully none of that happens here. Haha.

No, that was Studio Off Whyte (https://flic.kr/p/BJ5bTC).

Station/Fuzion on Whyte used actual brick, thankfully. Even though most of the building is still stucco, and it spans nearly two blocks. In a lot of ways, I prefer Studio Off Whyte. Sure it has wallpaper brick, but it's a much better scaled building and will fit in nicely with other buildings on 81 Ave when redevelopment occurs in the future.

Back