Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Looking at the weather, the temperatures could dip below zero this weekend. I hope the opening date is close.

What happens if the independent certifiers don’t deem the line to be safe? Or refuse to give Transed permission to operate?

Well I am going to be optimistic on this one. Trans Ed seems to be doing a lot of final prep work towards opening the line. I'm going to say that they are much more confident that they will be able to open sooner than later.
Agreed. Everywhere I go on the line I'm seeing removal of a lot of materials that indicate final touches. It's possible they'd do this work without a clear path to open but it looks like final work being done to go operational to me. I suspect any delay in launch date announcement is more about logistics to have a big announcement than anything. Scheduling government officials, etc.

IMG_2453.jpegIMG_2454.jpegIMG_2456.jpegIMG_2457.jpegIMG_2458.jpegIMG_2461.jpegIMG_2462.jpegIMG_2463.jpegIMG_2465.jpegIMG_2467.jpegIMG_2468.jpegIMG_2470.jpegIMG_2471.jpegIMG_2472.jpegIMG_2473.jpeg

Back