Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

At the very least, we should expect some kind of press release, I was just thinking with some of the end-times events like wildfires, floods, and the Elks starting to win, the Valley Line LRT might be included.

At the very least, we should expect some kind of press release, I was just thinking with some of the end-times events like wildfires, floods, and the Elks starting to win, the Valley Line LRT might be included.
It "feels" like they should have had one by now. I was half expecting something myself by now. Went and did some looking back. Cable issue announced June 26. 6-8 weeks to fix. Today concludes week 10 since the announcement came on a Monday. And it wasn't like it took a week to mobilize. They mobilized by the Monday of the announcement and got to work.
Normally they say no news is good news, but, with TransEd it's the opposite. The longer the delay, the worse the news is.

I remember seeing the NAIT (Metro) line being opened on a rainy Sunday morning in September 2015, by Mayor Iveson, to little fanfare. I wonder if the City will do the same thing September 3, keeping this event low-key.
I think they made it so low key because the system barely functioned lol. Weren’t trains max speed like 15 km/h?

It "feels" like they should have had one by now. I was half expecting something myself by now. Went and did some looking back. Cable issue announced June 26. 6-8 weeks to fix. Today concludes week 10 since the announcement came on a Monday. And it wasn't like it took a week to mobilize. They mobilized by the Monday of the announcement and got to work.
Normally they say no news is good news, but, with TransEd it's the opposite. The longer the delay, the worse the news is.
100%. TransEd usually seems giddy to announce new successes of completed repairs/progress but their radio silence on this is deafening. I’m really hoping that more issues weren’t discovered during cable replacement.

Looks like WPE has been doing some work on the overhead catenary at the 38 Ave station. There is some new shiny copper jumpers between the cables just south of the breaker on the southbound track.

Here are some photos of Stony Plain Rd from about a week ago. It looks like most of the drainage infrastructure is in place so tracks and road surfacing may not be far away.

IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0174.jpeg
IMG_0175.jpeg

Back