Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Couple of work trucks on the elevated trackway over coronet/argyll. Didn't see any LRV's out
Trains were out testing downtown yesterday during the commute and throughout the day. Hadn't seen that in a while.

It can't be good for the public getting used to trains running when they aren't running regularly though. I noticed during Folk Fest at the top of Connors that people weren't even checking for trains anymore. While it was likely they weren't running, probably still good to at least look for other work vehicles on the tracks, etc.

No matter what happens, I'm completely sure that transportation along the alignment is going to be far safer than prior to the LRT.

The Sun and Ed Journal types will find outlandish ways to call every conflict a safety issue, all while ignoring car deaths and injuries in this city.

No matter what happens, I'm completely sure that transportation along the alignment is going to be far safer than prior to the LRT.

The Sun and Ed Journal types will find outlandish ways to call every conflict a safety issue, all while ignoring car deaths and injuries in this city.
I’d say how mass transit integrates itself around other infrastructure is vital to whether or not it will be more or less safe.

I question if it is more safe around the Bonnie Doon area. Considering the preliminary planning stages called for elevated sections in this area. But, at least they saved some money.

Back