Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

This might be off topic, but I think it would be nice if the old Bank of Montreal lot had some kind of flower pots to decorate the edges (perhaps next spring).
I think flower pots would clash with the bombed out building motif. I think burning oil barrels would go better. But in all seriousness they do need to put up proper hoarding.

Bonnie Doon station
2020-10-06 004.JPG

Connors Rd
2020-10-03 007.JPG2020-10-03 116.JPG

Curvey Pedestrian bridge over Connors Rd
2020-10-03 283.JPG2020-10-03 123.JPG2020-10-03 096.JPG2020-10-03 153.JPG

Top of the bank power/utilities
2020-10-06 227.JPG2020-10-03 022.JPG

Okay. So. i know no one else sees this as a conspiracy, but i have photo evidence now: Transed built an extra 2 sections of viaduct in the forest to the East of Wagner High School. the sections are along the rail line (ie behind the warehouses, pretty hidden from view) and perpendicular to the existing completed viaduct. I believe they are on temporary scaffolds (ie not in their final positions) but crews are taking the formwork and tarps off the larger of the two sections now. they must be planning on moving them soon. but where?! TO WHERE TO DO WHAT AND WHYYYYYY WERE THEY HIDDEN?!?!
IMG_9717.JPG
IMG_9718.JPG
IMG_9719.JPG

Okay, I've had my moment. here's some pics. if anyone knows where these things are gonna go, please let me know. I am having trouble sleeping at night.
ALSO: the last section of track slab is being formed up on Connor's Hill rn. as in, the last ~50' of railbed is being formed with plywood, with the rest of the slab on each side complete and having the rail mounts (idk what they're called, the black plastic thingies that hold the rail) installed. ALMOST DONE FOLKS

They’ve laid down some track on some of the viaducts.
they're pretty far along with the viaducts, waaayyy past the point of 'ooh, this one was cast with a void we need to replace it', unless something MAJOR is wrong. Such a replacement would also be a huge delay for the line as a whole, and as bad as Transed has been with communication, i doubt they would try to keep something as big as 'we messed up 3 viaduct sections we gotta demolish the ones we just built and replace them' under wraps; there's no way people wouldn't notice.
I think it's pretty unlikely these sections are meant to replace viaduct currently in place. maybe they're for an associated project? maybe the same forms are being used to produce components for another crossing? 50th street? idk. but if they're gonna put these in the valley line somewhere it's gonna be a shitshow.

Back