Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

20200722_170601.jpg

Thanks @ChazYEG and welcome to the forum! The Tawatinâ is impressive and a nighttime view will be even better. I can't wait to travel across her.
Just a guess but I think it will be operational by June 2021?
My bet? It'll be operational in the Fall of 2021, as much as I'd like it to be sooner than that. Not that it can't be lit up before that. Maybe they'll do something for Christmas, hahaha

And thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking around for a while (a year, maybe) but I just recently found myself capable of activelly contributing to the forum!

I heard phase two of mask implementation is mandatory hazmat suits on public transit. 🙃

🤔 I wonder, is it legal to propose marriage to a bridge (no sexual communion, of course)? -- the ped crossing at Connors Road is so appealing that I am beginning to have dreams that explore depth of feeling (please don't wake me up). Now, if only I was a Mormon I could also include the Tawatinâ structure. Maybe I could transmogrify into an ogre and live under one this week; one that week. When senility sets in, please catch me pacing across the bridges in my PJs (add parkas in winter) -- let me be known as the bridge between sanity and two beautiful Edmonton bridges (my others) and @Daveography and @Kaizen can post pictures -- the human who fell for (not off) bridges and continues to haunt those structures for all eternity.

Yes, I know there will always be those who complain that the city is spending too much money and would be wiser to build utilitarian structures only, with no money spent on aesthetics whatsoever, but I do appreciate this new Edmonton, and it all started with the famous "no more crap" statement. I think both those bridges should have a plaque on them with the title "No more crap!" along with a bit of history to explain the phrase. Same with all the nice new transit centres we now enjoy, replacing those cheap ass shelters and bunkers. It's important for citizens to take pride in the way their city looks.

Back