Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

At this point, licenses need to be taken away, high fines implemented and vehicles impounded. The economic effect of literal stupidity needs to be nipped in the bud and passed on to these drivers.

If drivers are acting like this with trains, imagine the sheer callousness they have for pedestrians. Jfc you're a fucking semi.

We really need to have a genuine conversation on stiffening up driving/license rules.

I think we also need crossing arms or some other sort of physical intervention at many of the VLSE crossings. Anything to prevent people from driving into the trains. We will never reach a point where everyone on the road is a competent, attentive driver at all times.

It doesn’t have to be at all crossings, but definitely should be at some crossings. (Yes, the semi may just have blown through the crossing arms in this instance.)

(I also emailed Michael Janz the same suggestion. I’m trying to continue matching my voicing of opinions on SRC with voicing my opinions to those who could potentially have some ability to institute change. Haha.)

I think we also need crossing arms or some other sort of physical intervention at many of the VLSE crossings. Anything to prevent people from driving into the trains. We will never reach a point where everyone on the road is a competent, attentive driver at all times.

It doesn’t have to be at all crossings, but definitely should be at some crossings. (Yes, the semi may just have blown through the crossing arms in this instance.)

(I also emailed Michael Janz the same suggestion. I’m trying to continue matching my voicing of opinions on SRC with voicing my opinions to those who could potentially have some ability to institute change. Haha.)
Yup. I know it's not ideal, but the major problem intersections need it. Whitemud, Roper, Whyte Ave. Seems every time there's a collision it's one of those 3. I get it's the driver's fault and we shouldn't have to, but at some point you simply have to protect your investment from idiots.

What are drivers not getting?

1727196939119.png

Whitemud, Roper, Whyte Ave. Seems every time there's a collision it's one of those 3.
If I ever find myself biking or walking across one of those intersections, I'll be sure to carry my own crossing arm and joust anybody making an illegal turn into me :')

This is getting NUTS! Do we have any trains that haven't been involved in a crash? Surprised we have enough in service to make a go of it.
car 2001 from a week or two ago, car 2006 today and the long missing 2013. Should be able to frankenstein 2 trains outta the 3

Last edited:
Drivers are getting dumber. I will die on the hill that our privatized driver testing/education system is failing horribly. The train is just highlighting the failures of our system that put us all in danger.
you wouldn't die alone, too many registries and truck driver trainers are looking out for their own...

worst thing the province ever did, taking testing out of government control

Back