Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

and that is precisely why we don't have one, can't let the public know what's going on...
Meh, I disagree. Both have their pros and cons. The independent certifier actually allows us to see how close we are to service commencement, but at such a distance to 2028, having it seems irrelevant.

Sad part when I think of it, is the area where west and south meet downtown has yet to be touched. I doubt that it's as simple as adding track.
I expect that entire section of road from 102 St -107 St will be closed during construction. Waiting until fall to close off the Avenue seems fine to me given the proximity to the Saturday Downtown Market.

If the public knows what's going on, the premier might decide to randomly cancel the project if there's any delay 🙄

It's not often I feel bad for Calgary, but the green line being cancelled is a tragedy
The only positive is that Rdmonton is given a chance to catch up with the C-Train. Otherwise I feel bad that Calgary has received this major setback.

Calgary has a leadership crisis imho.

Dreeshen said the province’s funding contribution was never a blank cheque, and called the truncated alignment approved by council on July 30 an “irresponsible waste of taxpayer dollars.”
“The province promised funding for a line servicing hundreds of thousands of Calgarians in southeast Calgary, not a stub line barely reaching out of downtown,” he wrote on X.
“Should the city change its mind and decide to build a Green Line that serves the needs of Calgary commuters, our provincial contribution remains on the table.

While council also expressed interest in transferring the Green Line’s management and financial risk to the Alberta government, Smith insisted the province has no intention of taking over the project.
“We want to be partners but we don’t want to take over the transit system,” she said. “We want to be able to fund a Green Line that was originally pitched to us, going out to Seton.
“It has to be integrated into Calgary city transit.”

Back