Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

IMG_7834.jpeg

🙏

I'll never understand what's with the crossing arms' fetish...
Mostly so we don't keep having idiotic drivers damage expensive City infrastructure. Not every intersection needs them, but putting them onto the ~2-3 problem areas (like Roper Rd, Whyte Ave) wouldn't hurt to save the headache of this happening every 2 months. Can't imagine those trains are cheap to fix up.

Mostly so we don't keep having idiotic drivers damage expensive City infrastructure. Not every intersection needs them, but putting them onto the ~2-3 problem areas (like Roper Rd, Whyte Ave) wouldn't hurt to save the headache of this happening every 2 months. Can't imagine those trains are cheap to fix up.
This is just enabling bad behaviour, in the end. We should sue the drivers for the damage. I don't care if it ruins them financially, as long as there's a message being sent.

I'm pretty sure their insurance covers it like any other accident. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm honestly not sure. There's some controversy regarding destruction of public property coverage, especially when the driver is at fault.
I'd honestly support the insurance companies if they decided not to cover and the drivers had to pay it all out of pocket. Garnish their earnings for decades, bring their houses to auction... I don't care... But We should not the enabling bad drivers by coddling them with crossing arms.
Signage is VERY clear, in all intersections. If people choose to disregard them, they should do it at their own risk (and on their own dime).

Back