Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

It is a tad disappointing but I wonder if it's more to ease their way into the opening. The city's ridership estimates for this line are extremely low in my opinion so if the trigger for 5 minute frequency is based on a ridership milestone it seems like that will quickly be met.
I think that's a strategic mistake. They should start by over-serving at first to generate buzz about how fast and effective the LRT is: "Wow, every time I show up at a station there is a train only a minute away" for say the first three months and then lower if needed to hit supply-demand.

This approach is certainly cost-effective which I suppose is what you would expect from a P3. And of course with my approach the counter-narrative down the line could be "It used to be so fast but things went downhill".

Meanwhile, on the west line

F9TBiscW4AAvZHw

F9TBitNXgAAd-G3

Give us your initial impressions and then again months later after frequency picks up and ridership.
Well I can aready say that I've been using Davies park n ride for months already taking the 73 to downtown and have liked it so far. One thing that will be a bit disappointing is that I will probably have to park further away in the lot because I do expect a ton more people to use the park n ride and take the train to downtown.

Well I can aready say that I've been using Davies park n ride for months already taking the 73 to downtown and have liked it so far. One thing that will be a bit disappointing is that I will probably have to park further away in the lot because I do expect a ton more people to use the park n ride and take the train to downtown.

That's why using public transportation like you do is categorized as 'active' transportation since you have to walk to and from where transit is located. A great way to get more steps in. That's a good thing if able! 🙂

The car-based driver mindset that we should be able to park anywhere and everywhere so we can move as little as possible is a bad thing in many cases! 😁

I walked the platform at the Doon. These stops feel very safe and open compared to the Capital & Metro stations with the exception of Stadium, and likely the 2 Blatchford stops.

I was talking to a girl I know that refuses to take the underground outside of peak hours because of poor sightlines, etc. The Valley Line, for all it's criticisms, is very accessible and safe feeling. That has to be a big thing in attracting future ridership to the entire system.

Back