Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Maybe, but I'd say that letter represents the sentiments of many MANY Edmontonians who are 'lay' to the process and not a related industry that may have more insight or experience with major projects.

The public sees this very differently than many on this site.

At the end of the day, if someone isn't actually willing to do any research to confirm whether or not their assumptions and biases are correct or not, and would rather spout off their uninformed opinions, there's not much you can do. You can only meet people where they are when they're willing to be informed. Some people like to be stupid and angry. It's 2023 and we all have access to the Internet and so it's abhorrent that the Journal publishes such misinformed pieces.

Maybe, but I'd say that letter represents the sentiments of many MANY Edmontonians who are 'lay' to the process and not a related industry that may have more insight or experience with major projects.

The public sees this very differently than many on this site.
Lets not forget, the public are the ones ultimately using and probably paying for this. In the absence of clear deadlines and a full explanation of the ongoing delays by senior management or the city, if someone on site can provide an explanation of this to the rest of us (ie. the public), it would be appreciated.

Well Dunno, accessing the Internet for your information is part of the problem, after all, the Journal would probably be taken as accurate, and well, the 5th Estate doesn't really investigate or even ask questions anymore, doubt they'd know how. Add in government financial support and anything involving the media is suspect these days. Bummer

What means do they use to hold all the separate segments together?

download (1).jpeg

😄

Looking at that method of building the elevated sections, it would be so nice if we saw more dynamic plans using elevated sections in this city.

Looking at that method of building the elevated sections, it would be so nice if we saw more dynamic plans using elevated sections in this city.
Maybe one day they'll fix the mistake of Kingsway-RAH and elevate a small section over 111th with a new station just north of there with direct pedway access to the mall.

Maybe one day they'll fix the mistake of Kingsway-RAH and elevate a small section over 111th with a new station just north of there with direct pedway access to the mall.
I like the idea but in that case I think we're more likely to see the LRT get to the international airport first before that would ever happen.

I saw trains (on 83 Street) at about five minute (or less) frequencies this afternoon. I'm not sure if this is the late stages of LRT testing.

Back