Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

And I read in one of their service plans they have to give bus drivers 12 weeks notice (or something to that effect), so that puts it around the fall schedule update at the earliest (maybe)🤞
During the spring suplemental operating budget adjustment meeting this week, Sohi asked what would happen if the Valley Line opened "in a couple of months", and administration said that there would be overlap until they were confident that the transition was complete. I'm not saying this is an announcement it'll open in a couple months, but I found it interesting he thought it's possible and administration didn't correct him on that. Let's say it does open in June, that'd give them a couple of months to see how it goes in the leadup to the fall service adjustments.

This is just another issue due to the ongoing uncertainty around the dates for this opening. There are a lot of costs and problems because of this, some of which are borne by the city.

Given that Routes 73A and 73B are contingency buses, I don’t think the transition to Valley Line LRT service should be too difficult.

ep.-4.png

Back