Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

while it’s nice to see the cars - even if it is just for testing - the lack of any meaningful activity on the street or in any of the retail spaces at 11:00 am on a weekday is shockingly depressing…View attachment 445705View attachment 445706View attachment 445707
Busier on the pedway level now, as often the case when the weather is colder. Of course, with few stores in the mall now most people just quickly go by.

What would help more than testing the trains, would be if there were actual transit users on them. Hopefully we will get there ... eventually. Sigh.

Listening to announcement:
- They are ready for full testing DT to millwoods in January.
- most of the work remaining is cleaning up
-scaffolding will remain while talks with city about aesthetics happen (I’d imagine some of this might be legal?)
-No mention of opening date…but maybe this summer isn’t a pipe dream?

while it’s nice to see the cars - even if it is just for testing - the lack of any meaningful activity on the street or in any of the retail spaces at 11:00 am on a weekday is shockingly depressing…
Shouldn't be that surprising considering there is no reason to walk along 102 Avenue unless you are walking to 100 St, 101 St, 102 St or beyond. There are no destinations really along those two blocks of LRT right now to visit.

Interesting he acknowledges they considered tearing down and rebuilding elevated sections. I still don't get this design aesthetic thing, admittedly I don't have the creativity trait required, but don't see a path to them making it look all that great. Does seem promising for an opening within a couple months though.

Idk I don’t like the concrete look of it. Seems bland. Looks worse after the whole repair situation. After it opens they’ll probably have a graffiti problem. What if they got a bunch of graffiti artists and paid them to spray the thing and cover it with graffiti. It would look unique and cool imo. I’d prefer it over the grey.

Caisson driller and very large construction site set up next to the Gerry Wright facility. We figure out what it is again? Is it an OMF facility? Or is G.Wright already have that privilege?

Back