Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Mill Woods Station:
1A73CBBB-A7CF-4FE4-B367-89A1103B057B.jpeg

I'm curious as to how construction is progressing on that part. I talked to the guys at Solentache Bachy Canada, they said they only had about four months of work on this at/around West Ed, yet they've been at it since September and there's still their massive piling machines on-site.

This should look cool, I can't wait for the crazy deer installation on my Avonmore stop this Sunday 🦌

Minor Lane Closure, 83 Street

On April 24, 2022, the City of Edmonton will be installing public art on the Avonmore Stop on 83 Street. This work will occur overnight for one night.

Artist Rendering for Avonmore Stop - Paul Freeman
Paul Freeman’s playful, life-size deer at Avonmore stop will add a further fantastical note of whimsy to the Valley Line. The recipient of several Edmonton Arts Council Individual Project grants over the years, this is his first public art commission. “This artwork builds on my body of work. The sculpture will be of three deer, and I invite everyone to a drawing and sculpture workshop on February 24 at the ReUse Centre by the stop. Community members can help me to change, distort, and add to, the deer shapes taking this project one step further.”

Biked along the SE line recently. Tried to get videos along the stations and showing the entire route. Marked the video so you can skip to certain stops if you want! Looks like they’re still awaiting glass or railing at a lot of stations.

Good work, @thommyjo!
I wish you would have crossed the Whitemud on the east side though I'm not sure if a MUP runs through there.
They really need to install more sidewalks near Davies station. In fact, they need more of everything at Davies so that it no longer resembles a park & ride from the 80s.

This should look cool, I can't wait for the crazy deer installation on my Avonmore stop this Sunday 🦌

Minor Lane Closure, 83 Street

On April 24, 2022, the City of Edmonton will be installing public art on the Avonmore Stop on 83 Street. This work will occur overnight for one night.

Paul Freeman’s playful, life-size deer at Avonmore stop will add a further fantastical note of whimsy to the Valley Line. The recipient of several Edmonton Arts Council Individual Project grants over the years, this is his first public art commission. “This artwork builds on my body of work. The sculpture will be of three deer, and I invite everyone to a drawing and sculpture workshop on February 24 at the ReUse Centre by the stop. Community members can help me to change, distort, and add to, the deer shapes taking this project one step further.”

For some reason I thought the art seemed familiar so I looked up the artist and sure enough, it was the guy who did the "Naruto Deer" exhibit a few years back:

Freeman OTAOAD 17.jpgPaul-Freeman.png

Thankfully he dialled it back a bit for this piece.

I was hoping we would repurpose this building. Will it be demo'd to become a single-use traction building or something of that nature? I most certainly would NOT expect this to be some sort of fenced or blank faced building in a location such as that. Please reassure me here...
IMG_7462.jpg

Back