105 St.
Dq7mHCMXQAAEKOF.jpg:large

Brewery / 120 St.
Dq7mHCyW4AAjEMz.jpg:large

Misercordia
Dq7mHBJWoAEtwoK.jpg:large

via https://twitter.com/CityofEdmonton/status/1058035975836913665

This is absolutely Stellar!!:D

I am really wondering if now that the Design is completed and the funding secured, they will start construction any time soon?

@MichaelC honestly I never really trusted that estimate as this leg of the line is longer and a bit more complicated that the southeast leg. Also, the construction of the southeast line will probably elapse around 5 years in total, from 2016 to nearly 2021, so this new completion date makes more sense, in my opinion at least.

@MichaelC honestly I never really trusted that estimate as this leg of the line is longer and a bit more complicated that the southeast leg. Also, the construction of the southeast line will probably elapse around 5 years in total, from 2016 to nearly 2021, so this new completion date makes more sense, in my opinion at least.

I suspect they must be delaying the start of construction, because if Calgary can build 20km's of LRT in six years (with a large tunnel) i'm sure we can do better then 7-8 years of construction.

@MichaelC I think that Calgary might be underestimating just a little bit on that completion date:rolleyes:

I am definitely no expert on how bridges are built, but I wonder if they will install the girders sometime next year. Maybe they'll also do it for the elevated part at Davies Station next year:)

I know it was delayed a fair bit by the mysterious mass of concrete they found in the river. I think they had to change the location of the north pier, which basically resulted in the bridge having to go back for a bit of a redesign to accommodate the change.

I think some of the other elevated girders (that aren't part of the Tawatina bridge) are to be installed next year. I think some may already be up at Davies, I haven't been by in a while.

Hey guys I’ve been gone for a while to deal with some personal issues, curious what progress has happened in the past month or two?

Dissapointed to see completion of the West Leg extended but hopefully that can be accelerated with a successful rollout of the South East

Back