Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

are they still running test trains south of the car barn? or were the clips from earlier in the year just marketing?
THIS IS A VERY VALID QUESTION
every time i go by that area i hope to see one running, but i daresay they did a spurt of testing in Feb and haven't done much since. the pantograph wires (someone please correct me on this) are discontinuous in that area, including the 'X-wing' apparatus, which is almost always up. I think they may be pushing to get more of the line complete right now. A lot of the stations in that area seem ready for the shelters, Davit arms ready for signals, sidewalks getting completed, etc, which may be a bigger priority now with the warmer weather.
that being said: I REALLY REALLY WANNA SEE A REAL LIVE TRAIN RUNNING SOMETIME SOON GOSH DARNIT!!!!

@cliffapotamus Pretty sure they did a test last Monday... although the train was only being pushed by an ETS train retrieval vehicle and not under power. I'm sure as more parts (besides this specific Mill Woods area) have tracks and electrification finished, testing will become more frequent along all parts of the line:)

Oh so close.
lrt.jpg

Back