Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The City of Edmonton is like Charlie Brown who keeps on falling as Lucy takes away the football.

We tear down significant historic buildings to be replaced by smaller nondescript ones that eventually devolve into abandoned lots right in the heart of our downtown, based on promises that turn out to be hot air.

Anyone still around who was on council at the time and supported this demolition should be a bit ashamed of themselves.

This is not the only reason, but it is one reason our downtown is in the sad shape it is now.

My dream scenario for this site:
- Regency sells site to a larger, competent and preferably Edmonton based developer (e.g. Pangman, Maclab)
- this developer build a large multi use tower on the site - at least third tallest in the City
- tower includes the reconstruction of the Teglar at its base (see the neighbor on the lot immediately to the south - Kelly/Ramsay/Enbridge Center)
- A new Zellers opens on the main floor along with several other dynamic retail businesses
Done.

The City of Edmonton is like Charlie Brown who keeps on falling as Lucy takes away the football.

We tear down significant historic buildings to be replaced by smaller nondescript ones that eventually devolve into abandoned lots right in the heart of our downtown, based on promises that turn out to be hot air.

Anyone still around who was on council at the time and supported this demolition should be a bit ashamed of themselves.

This is not the only reason, but it is one reason our downtown is in the sad shape it is now.
Yup, I blame Ron Hayter for making that motion to rescind the historic designation.

- Regency sells site to a larger, competent and preferably Edmonton based developer (e.g. Pangman, Maclab)
- this developer build a large multi use tower on the site - at least third tallest in the City
- tower includes the reconstruction of the Teglar at its base (see the neighbor on the lot immediately to the south - Kelly/Ramsay/Enbridge Center)
- A new Zellers opens on the main floor along with several other dynamic retail businesses
Done.

I like this idea for the most part. In fact, it should be named the Tegler Tower!
The only change I would make is to substitute Zellers for smaller retail and restaurant space plus a hotel lobby. I'm assuming the tower will be mixed-use with hotel, residential and office floors.

Done.
Its actually not a bad idea. Zellers makes so much more sense downtown than the Bay which now seems to be trying to be too upscale and has no presence left downtown anyways..

It would be quite the undertaking to come I think full circle, but it would be a good outcome.

An ALT Hotel would be fantastic!
I'm miffed that they have locations in Saskatoon, Halifax and St. John's but not in Edmonton, a city of over 1 million people.

1675533036572.png

An ALT near the Uni would be pretty slick IMO…

Back