Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I have to say that this is very strange. I heard that BoM had a floor vault in the basement (rare but not that unusual) and the money missing from their exiting tally was in the millions. Rumor has it that it is still there under all of that rubble. Obviously the demo contractor didn't hear the rumor and the developer is oblivious to it.
I think you have seen too many movies that had a similar script .Really?, a bank moves out and forgets what is in a vault?

That Administration work with the owner of the vacant site located at 10199 101 Street, to improve the site conditions supporting downtown vibrancy, while ensuring that the demolition permit conditions are satisfied and provide a memo to Council with an update. ● Notice of Motion Given: August 16, 2021, City Council

Motion carried.

Interesting motion, although I would have preferred something more direct like "give them a kick in the pants to get moving on this" Maybe that is too much to ask.

So if the demolition permit conditions are not satisfied, what happens? Financial penalty? Nothing?

Interesting motion, although I would have preferred something more direct like "give them a kick in the pants to get moving on this" Maybe that is too much to ask.

So if the demolition permit conditions are not satisfied, what happens? Financial penalty? Nothing?
maybe they should have to rebuild the bank of montreal building? :)

Fixed that for you
Thanks, my thought exactly.

Honestly, I think whatever is built on this site should incorporate a reproduction of the Tegler facade, similar to Kelly Ramsey building. We lost an important part of our history here and one of the weaknesses of our downtown is we have torn down a number of wonderful old buildings with character and replaced them with something lesser.

I really wish the city would quit making the mistake again and again of tearing down historic and functional buildings in pursuit of shiny new things that either don't happen or live up to their promise.

Thanks, my thought exactly.

Honestly, I think whatever is built on this site should incorporate a reproduction of the Tegler facade, similar to Kelly Ramsey building. We lost an important part of our history here and one of the weaknesses of our downtown is we have torn down a number of wonderful old buildings with character and replaced them with something lesser.

I really wish the city would quit making the mistake again and again of tearing down historic and functional buildings in pursuit of shiny new things that either don't happen or live up to their promise.
Agreed. I know that Aldritt has a stockpile of bricks from that era to use on their proposed :rolleyes: tower's podium. Developers did such a nice job with the Kelly Ramsay facade. They salvaged what bricks they could and numbered them for proper placement. It must take some real expertise to make a facade look authentic and not like some Disney looking prop. I'm all for it if it's done right. Regency would need to hire @kcantor to do it right. ;)

Agreed. I know that Aldritt has a stockpile of bricks from that era to use on their proposed :rolleyes: tower's podium. Developers did such a nice job with the Kelly Ramsay facade. They salvaged what bricks they could and numbered them for proper placement. It must take some real expertise to make a facade look authentic and not like some Disney looking prop. I'm all for it if it's done right. Regency would need to hire @kcantor to do it right. ;)
Good idea. Ken would do a great job.

DDD319F0-149F-4BFC-874A-F8F9FE056AE9.jpeg
02DFD7BD-9845-42C2-B4B7-51620F303CF0.jpeg

Back