Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Hello, I'm back as I found this site from the skyscraper website which I'm so happy to find it here because I was completely shocked that Connect to Edmonton was shut down and I never heard from anyone about putting up a site here. so anyway, I did read all the comments here about demolishing the bank of Montreal and developing the mixed hotel/ condo building. I must admit that the bank of Montreal should never be demolished at all because Regency should build on top of this old bank of Montreal building and this would have saved a lot of money. so now it is kinda sad to see this lot was an eyesore for most people living in the downtown area.

Hello, I'm back as I found this site from the skyscraper website which I'm so happy to find it here because I was completely shocked that Connect to Edmonton was shut down and I never heard from anyone about putting up a site here. so anyway, I did read all the comments here about demolishing the bank of Montreal and developing the mixed hotel/ condo building. I must admit that the bank of Montreal should never be demolished at all because Regency should build on top of this old bank of Montreal building and this would have saved a lot of money. so now it is kinda sad to see this lot was an eyesore for most people living in the downtown area.

Hey Jags, welcome to the forum!

they have a facebook page. I've ranted at them several time. (I live a few blocks north of the emerald site). they don't care.

I've shamed them on social media a few times, even tagged them, no response at all. They clearly don't care. They will continue to build ugly Ed F-in Gouch designed buildings and not giving 2 shits about the communities they build in because they can get away with it

I don't know if there is/was parking under the BMO building, but I'd imagine it didn't have enough for a 50 story building that's residential and hotel.

I like it. Better yet we can chain ourselves to the rubble.
Good, there's more then enough for everyone!

'I don't know if there is/was parking under the BMO building, but I'd imagine it didn't have enough for a 50 story building that's residential and hotel.'

Little known fact #438 - the RHW parkade was built as (in-) part of the DC1 requirement to provide parking for the BMO.

If an underground parkade is in the works for this new building then they can close the RHW parkade. Then we can finally have a pedestrian-only RHW!

No thanks.

We don't have the need, density or spaces there for that.
No need? We need vibrant spaces downtown not 40 odd surface parking spots. You may also want to ask the local population (of which I was a part for decades) if this is needed.
We don't have density? That's literally one of the most dense spaces in our city. Also there are towns of 2,000 people in Europe that have pedestrian streets...it's all in how you build your community.
No spaces? I don't even know what that means

We need great urban spaces that are active, vibrant and well supported. RHW needs to be updated and done in a way that permits temporary closures (fri/sat nights) akin to Stephen Avenue, but we simply do not have the density of people there at enough times of the day to warrant or support it.

Update it, make it more flexible in use, retain the parkade and fill those CRUs.

I would rather see an underground parkade at Tower 101 replace the ground-level RHW parkade, which can be converted to mixed-use space. Imagine having another cafe or pub on that SE corner of RHW instead of that damn parkade!

Back