The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@.crystalised. Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks Dave! I've been lurking for a while but I finally registered today. I'm very proud of Edmonton for having its own Skyrise page. Although I've been lurking at C2E for much longer, I feel compelled to point out that Skyrise conversations are far more constructive and respectful, and so I am happy to join the discussion here :)

Last edited:
^ The photo gallery for each project separates this site from the rest as well. It is a very handy resource. It's nice to easily follow, and look back at how these new developments change over time. It'll be a fun watch for Alldritt, that's for sure.

^ The photo gallery for each project separates this site from the rest as well. It is a very handy resource. It's nice to easily follow, and look back at how these new developments change over time. It'll be a fun watch for Alldritt, that's for sure.
Indeed, I've got my eyes glued to this project. I had a spaz attack when I noticed the Emporis listing changed. It doesn't help that the database uses the same colour (yellow) for both "Vision" and "Cancelled". Labelling it a "vision" is far more encouraging.

To be clear, the Kennedy design was submitted to get clearances regarding height and density. The Dub design may be entirely different in terms of character from what Brad had submitted previously. I can't say that it will have any bearing on the height of what was previously proposed. As a "legacy project", however, and considering the fact that the height has been approved by Council, and considering the project's location on the rim of the river valley, I imagine that the new design will take full advantage of what is allowed with regards to vertical stature. Knowing Gene Dub, I imagine he will try to outdo the previous proposal from a design perspective; he is not bound up in style driven by an architectonic imprimatur -- an office style, if you like. It will be exciting to see what develops.

To be clear, the Kennedy design was submitted to get clearances regarding height and density. The Dub design may be entirely different in terms of character from what Brad had submitted previously. I can't say that it will have any bearing on the height of what was previously proposed. As a "legacy project", however, and considering the fact that the height has been approved by Council, and considering the project's location on the rim of the river valley, I imagine that the new design will take full advantage of what is allowed with regards to vertical stature. Knowing Gene Dub, I imagine he will try to outdo the previous proposal from a design perspective; he is not bound up in style driven by an architectonic imprimatur -- an office style, if you like. It will be exciting to see what develops.
Well said. Why not make it an even 300m? ;) Or did the city approve 280 max?

Back