Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Here is another update on the Varsity project.

We presented to EDC on Monday and received a letter of support. As I said earlier, the design has evolved.
This is a view looking south from Whyte Ave.

Rendering 01 - Daylight.png

This is a view looking north from 81 Avenue.
Rendering 04 - Daylight.png

Here is another update on the Varsity project.

We presented to EDC on Monday and received a letter of support. As I said earlier, the design has evolved.
This is a view looking south from Whyte Ave.

View attachment 578037

This is a view looking north from 81 Avenue.
View attachment 578038

Love it!! You guys really knock it out of the park with simple yet elegant and effective designs. This along with your McKernan projects are adding some great stuff to the south side.

I really like it. For some reason the building wouldn't be the same without the CRU, I don't know how else to put it. I like the design of the townhouses, in such a busy area they definitely need to be raised like that.
Masonry is great. I am on the fence when it comes to the grey bricks, though. Without knowing how it would look with all red bricks on the podium I am forced to wonder if all red would match the existing feel/heritage of the area better? (This isn't a major complaint of mine, I'm just throwing it out there). Please don't take this as actual criticism, this building is on my shortlist for favourite Edmonton midrises now.

I'm interested if you guys are going lean on parking? I know Sync 111 ended up overbuilding pretty significantly and the LRT isn't even at their doorstep yet. Without getting too much into specifics, has the consideration of parking being a massive drag on cap rate been a big part of this development?

This is looking good. Nice to see this take out a dusty lot.

I miss that little church, but this will be a nice addition 'to the Ave'.

We used to park at the church all through our late teens and early 20s when heading out to Whyte as it was a sneaky free spot that you could leave overnight on a Friday and reclaim it Sat.

Me too, it was an smaller, older building that fit in well with the historic ones nearby but a nice new residential building in the area would be good. Its too bad the site has sat empty for so long.

Back