The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

I'm not typically a fan of chains in general, but I wouldn't mind a few urban style chains showing up in Oliver/124 for two reasons:

1) They're an indicator species. Them showing up is a sign that the population has increased to the point that they believe there is enough foot traffic to support a non car oriented business. Chains are less likely to take risks, so this is a good sign.
2) Sometimes you just need food quick, and local businesses don't tend to cover this market (exept for maybe donair shops?), as fast food chains typically cover their lower margins through high sale volumes, supply chain efficiency, the bargaining power to obtain lower costs of goods, and standardization of products. These aren't really things that local businesses can do, so they tend to focus more on dining experience and quality.

I'll suggest something a little different: What about a small-format urban hardware/furniture store? 👀 I can't believe that this isn't more of a thing yet, and I can only imagine how useful it'd be for Wihkwentowin residents.

^ there was a small furniture store (Structube) in wihkwentowin but it closed recently

Agreed on a smaller hardware store. I'm sort of hoping that City Market downtown does well, seems busy every time I am there, and that paves the way for more ventures into urban formats.

I would like a dried fruits, nuts, sweets, snacks shop here!! It's been a fantasy of mine if I had the means to snag one of the CRUs.

I’m suspecting it’s going to be cheap rates to lease out, then all renewals in a year will see big % increases

That's how the process, er machine, generally works to not only develop velocity in cash-flow, but also ensure that the new valuation is reflective of a highly successful project.

Merc1 - 2024.03.14.png
Merc2 - 2024.03.14.png
Merc3 - 2024.03.14.png

Some updated photos of Mercury Block at night!

Back