The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

Decorative or will there be a topper such as glass or wood for protection?

I really dislike the use of those if they do not 'compete' them.
It's too bad they seem to have made it black as well. I quite liked the contrast it provided in the original render, it just gets lost as it stands right now.

It's too bad they seem to have made it black as well. I quite liked the contrast it provided in the original render, it just gets lost as it stands right now.

Decorative or will there be a topper such as glass or wood for protection?

I really dislike the use of those if they do not 'compete' them.
Maybe wait until it is actually finished to make judgement?

It's an honest question without criticism and simply a comment. Relax hombre.

Yeah, I for one think there should be no comments on buildings here until we see the finished product.

Every thread should be a post of the buildings render, and then it's locked until the building is completed, when we can finally give our thoughts and opinions 😉

Reminder that this is a discussion forum, where people discuss what they are seeing and thinking.

It's meant as a minor criticism, based on personal taste. Their website also shows it black, it's not a big deal I just preferred the original look that continued the curve of the entranceway and had a contrasting colour.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 3.56.44 PM.png

The oliverbahn has been an incredibly important part of this area's transformation - talk about ROI on a bike lane. Should be used as a huge advertisement for the economic impact of bike lanes.

It's meant as a minor criticism, based on personal taste. Their website also shows it black, it's not a big deal I just preferred the original look that continued the curve of the entranceway and had a contrasting colour.

View attachment 528528
That's fair. I just see a lot of people jumping the gun and deciding with certainty if a building works or not before all the elements are completed. Renders are one thing but seeing a building completed and in the context of its surroundings is another.

All good.

The oliverbahn has been an incredibly important part of this area's transformation - talk about ROI on a bike lane. Should be used as a huge advertisement for the economic impact of bike lanes.

It's amazing how rarely the ROI on building active transportation infrastructure (and even just pedestrian spaces) is considered, even by those who profess to be be urbanites. We have such a long way to go to become anything but a car-first city. Hopefully amazing examples like the Oliverbahn will help to change some minds.

LOVE the 3 bed in < 1000sqft; we need more of these types of units for affordability, flexibility and potential family use.
Still 3k a month though. Really need to get some 3bdrms in the 2500-2700 range to compete with housing.

We want to move our family to Oliver, but pay a $1700 mortgage for a 2000sqft detached infill with a basement suite. 2500 all in with utilities and property taxes.

Tough to pay 500+ more for a big downsize in space. But it does beat the alternatives of mostly penthouses for 4500+/month.

IMG_1454.jpeg

Checked out Mercury Block today and wandered around the courtyard area. I have to say this is really well done and I can already envision this area being quite the spot come spring/summer. They did great nabbing a couple high profile local eateries and I’m hoping they manage to find some good tenants for the rest. I can really see how this has the potential for an impact similar to OEX.

I love how cozy and neighbourly while still dense and full of activated spaces this stretch of West Oliver along 102nd is becoming. Plus the added density will hopefully solidify 124th Street even more.

Back