The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As in 121 street becoming a Pedestrian Street

As resident of area, love this option of linear park with no vehicle access.

Screenshot_20240627_185347_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20240627_185924_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20240627_185950_Word.jpg

121st is a pretty important multi-use N/S link.

Calm it sure, but IMO it needs to be open to a variety of movement options.
90% sure this is being allowed because with the VLW, vehicles will no longer be able to turn left at 104th ave. 124th and 119th St become the defacto N/S collectors

I get what you're saying, but that's no longer true starting next summer at the latest.

121st is a pretty important multi-use N/S link.

Calm it sure, but IMO it needs to be open to a variety of movement options.

Haha I was just scrolling down wondering when IanO would pipe in to defend cars... and here it is.

I love this proposal and I don't see any real reason not to shut it down for cars. It's not an important north/south connector, come on. There is so little traffic on this street because basically all you can do is connect from Jasper to 104 Ave which you can do one block west or one block east (and virtually every other block).

Let's get this done. Ian can get that vibrancy feeling from his precious traffic elsewhere ;-)

To be fair, the new LRT line will take away most of the intersections on 104 Ave. 121 St will be one intersection that remains, and is required for access to the Brewery District and the residences north of 104 Ave. There is only 1 block between 102 Ave and 103 Ave that will be car-free, it's not like the entirety of 121 St will be that way. One can always navigate through the neighborhood to get to 121 St north of 103 Ave.

Back