The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This project started digging before the Mercury - I imagine it would have been getting close to topping out had all gone well from the beginning.

Hope it starts again very soon. Going to be one of Edmonton's best 3 block stretches from here to 124 street with interesting buildings (churches, green space, Oliver Exchange, Mercury 1+2 etc - some great architecture old and new.

I was just walking by at 5pm as the sign was being updated from 2024 to 2025.

I said to the guy, "so it's going ahead?"

He said, Apparently, but I'm just the sign guy."

Close enough confirmation for me!

20230720_171704.jpg

I really want this one to get moving. If there's lessons to be learned here it shows that even with some decent experience developing real estate, doesn't mean you can do it on your own. Having the right team matters. I'm sure Covid didn't help, but that was the case for everyone else too.

Anyone heard anything about this one lately? Is Pagnotta still being retained as the new construction manager?

Clark was fired in January 2022 and little work was ever done by ED, so we're closing in on two full years of empty pit with no action.

I walked by this site yesterday and thought how much of an impact this tower would have on the area. There's actually some great momentum happening in this part of Oliver; lot's of students and young professionals walking and hanging around. Some cool businesses and interesting buildings here too. I think this project, along with someone buying and developing the giant empty lot across from Cidex's 'The Hat Oliver' would really elevate Oliver in a significant way.

I must say, the new cidex, citizen and Oliver exchange renovation projects have really done some wonders in the area already.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything about this one lately? Is Pagnotta still being retained as the new construction manager?

Clark was fired in January 2022 and little work was ever done by ED, so we're closing in on two full years of empty pit with no action.
I wish I did! Surely someone on here is juiced into Pagnotta?

Good sign that this Oliver tour includes this building?
Good catch. Robert Horvath, Principal of Open Sky, is a speaker on that tour... be cool to hear where they're at within this project straight from the horse's mouth.

Anyone planning to attend? I might if I can get off work a bit earlier.

'We will end the tour at a local venue for a social gathering with appetizers and beverages, included with your ticket.'

Back