The Flats - Rossdale | 35.05m | 10s | Parkwood | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What’s happening here? Phase 2 is behind, right? Is this a different project?

View attachment 453015
Looks to be LDA22-0542 - the brewery and land surrounding the baseball diamond

1674946330665.png

1674946354614.png

Ah ... floodplain! My first thought would be please take that building that is almost in the river and move it to the other side of the other building where there is only grass.

However, I have a feeling this is not likely to proceed so I am not so concerned.

A couple of interesting tidbits... Gene Dub's other design project is in view across the way in the model and I believe the current application will get approved -- the submission is by Gene Dub's own company "5 Oaks". Love the design.

The proposal for the white building (not canada place) in the pic above is over a decade old. I consider it to be a stale proposal.

Ah ... floodplain! My first thought would be please take that building that is almost in the river and move it to the other side of the other building where there is only grass.

However, I have a feeling this is not likely to proceed so I am not so concerned.

That is a Gene Dub project, which means that any construction won't commence until after I'm dead and cremated.

^^^^ I don't know -- Gene Dub has collected enough paid-for assets throughout the City, he might just decide to finance this one and the white one across the street to have it tendered by a G.C. Or maybe he will sell more of his assets to fast-track this one. If not, the ultimate insult @Gronk! would be to have your cremated ashes spread around the site for this proposal (secretly of course).

There are construction mitigation means to deal with flood plains -- I had to propose one in order to get my California Architects License. Besides, the North Saskatchewan is much tamer than it used to be.

Back