The Flats - Rossdale | 35.05m | 10s | Parkwood | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah and in 10 or 20 years people will be tearing it out and replacing it with something else. I wouldn't be surprised at some time if the gold brass makes a come back.

The most shade from the planned apartment and non corner unit likely makes it less attractive.
I think what has made it less attractive is what they did with the top floor (they didn't do this with any of the other units).

As you can see in this pic of the top floor - as you come to to the top of the stairs, they made a door and they drywalled in an area that should have been open to the stairs- or at least a half wall.
But they decided to make the entire top floor a bedroom.

I looked at this unit and a couple of others and I did not like that design choice. And now I see they are asking $555k for this one which is more than others sold for and this one has less features in it.
Screenshot_20230118-084317_Samsung Internet.jpg

If I was heading back to Edmonton, this would be very attractive... but here we are;)

My better half lived in a place where the entire upstairs was a long bedroom with an attached bath, similar in size to this. She hated it, I hated it. Awkward design.

I personally think the third floor best as a bonus space. Also had a friend with third floor master and it's a lot of stairs.

I think what has made it less attractive is what they did with the top floor (they didn't do this with any of the other units).

As you can see in this pic of the top floor - as you come to to the top of the stairs, they made a door and they drywalled in an area that should have been open to the stairs- or at least a half wall.
But they decided to make the entire top floor a bedroom.

I looked at this unit and a couple of others and I did not like that design choice. And now I see they are asking $555k for this one which is more than others sold for and this one has less features in it.
View attachment 451212
I agree this does not look great. The closed in stair case design with the door at the top reminds me of an old house I once was in. It seems like this is out of the early 1900's or something.

I suppose if you wanted to rent out the space to someone as a separate unit, maybe this would make sense, but if you live in the house just the space being on the third floor gives it quite a bit of privacy already.

It creates a very claustrophobic feel to the entry the space for me. I suppose if someone really wanted a more private space, they could add in the door and wall, but I suspect many people would prefer a more open feel. I also suspect many people would also prefer the space divided up into more than one bedroom as it looks large enough to do so.

Back