The Edward | 40m | 13s | ANU Developments | Gardner Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Here is an example of bricks matching the siding and properly spaced accents. See if you can tell the difference before making further comment View attachment 535448
Point taken. Although I prefer the randomness of the Edward. This one looks like the inside of a trendy chain bar/restaurant. Each to their own though.

Point taken. Although I prefer the randomness of the Edward. This one looks like the inside of a trendy chain bar/restaurant. Each to their own though.
The brick on the Edward seems fine to me too. Oh, heaven forbid it be any colour other than very light. That is just one of the silly trends these days that will eventually pass.

Pretty sure what was being pointed out was this extremely obvious clump of white bricks… with clearly no thought put into it.
IMG_0041.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it too much for tradesmen to pay attention to detail and show some pride in their profession? Makes one wonder what other details they neglected.
The thing is Glen, it is the owner and designer's responsibility to dictate the looks and aesthetic approach. Tradesman are paid to do or put on. They're are not there to be creative minds, so what comes will go on. For me, the architect firm is the artist, and they shouldn't be if they approach it like this. An architect is an artist, but this particular artist is very weak, for he or she is not only does not understand color coordinating or contrasting, but they are weak in understanding detailing...

It looks fine is true, but it could have been much better on a simple color coordination at no extra expenses or effort by just paying attention. Would you prefer fine or good is the question?

Back