The Baron | 33m | 9s | Wexford Developments

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The "When Pigs Fly" building on Whyte is apparently up for rezoning, but no details appear to be available yet:

1585695453895.png

A rezoning informal at EDC is tentatively scheduled for April 21:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (April 21, 2020)
8207 105 Street Informal / RZ Sylvia Summers / Stantec

The "When Pigs Fly" building on Whyte is apparently up for rezoning, but no details appear to be available yet:

View attachment 239039

A rezoning informal at EDC is tentatively scheduled for April 21:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (April 21, 2020)
8207 105 Street Informal / RZ Sylvia Summers / Stantec

This is a rezoning for Wexford Developments to a DC1 (exists as a DC1 already) for a mixed-use development up to 33 metres in height, commercial at grade and approximately 55 residential units above.

LDA20-0216_ProposedDC2Provision-3.png

LDA20-0216_ProposedDC2Provision-3.pngLDA20-0216_ProposedDC2Provision-4.pngLDA20-0216_ProposedDC2Provision-5.pngLDA20-0216_ProposedDC2Provision-6.png
  • A maximum height of 33.0 m (approximately 9 - 11 storeys)
  • A maximum floor area ratio of 5.0
  • Up to 473 square metres of commercial space at ground level
  • Up to 65 residential dwellings

i also like the precast on atb place. they are "time and place" and have held up well.

my comment was more directed at the panels being proposed for the baron - an arrangement that strikes me as being, how shall we say it - contrived?

I really like the look of this too, especially on this corner where it fits in with Raymond Block and that hotel behind it. the small thing I wish for is that they can keep that "balcony-no balcony" pattern going on the whole front face of the building, not just on one side of it.

The waffle is intriguing but I I'm finding it hard picturing how it will turn out in real life. Materials will make or break this for me. I'm thinking white metal panels??

Also, what will the nimby karens be complaining about... Shadows? it's on the North edge of Whyte so really barely any effect for the Ave. Desnity/Parking? F-off please move to the Henday now..

Back